How often should I re-pack my muffler?
Unlike their OEM counterparts, Yoshimura Road mufflers need to be repacked on occasion. Repacking your muffler after routine inspection reveals depleted muffler packing is essential for your exhaust to perform the way it was designed. Heavy use conditions (long distance endurance riding or high RPM operation) will require more frequent maintenance.
Deteriorated packing disrupts airflow from your motor, which results in a loss of power and degradation of sound absorption. Periodic inspections of your exhaust system should be performed to look for signs of packing wear. Signs of packing wear include muffler and/or end-cap discoloration, hot spots, louder exhaust note, and yellowing of the Carbon Fiber. Repacking your muffler allows for freer airflow from your motor, which restores lost power and improves the exhaust sound.
At Yoshimura, we use state of the art composite packing material for our mufflers, along with high-strength stainless steel rivets. We also include new badging to freshen up your muffler's appearance.
For more information about Muffler Repacking click here >>
Do you repair damaged exhaust?
Yes! If you have a Yoshimura exhaust that has been damaged, and needs refurbishing or repairs, please contact our Sales Department at (800) 634-9166 or email email@example.com. Our Sales Department will assist you with any questions you may have about your damaged exhaust system or the refurbishing process. Turn around time for Exhaust is approximately 3-5 business days, excluding shipping/transit times.
For more information about Exhaust System Refurbishing click here >>
What is the turn around time for Engine Services?
Turnaround time for Engine Service is approximately 1-2 weeks. After we receive your engine, our Engine Service Department will begin tear-down and each component will be meticulously inspected. At this time, we may contact you if any repairs or components are beyond serviceable-wear specifications.
Do you have Motocross Engine Performance Packages?
We offer complete engine packages for Suzuki and Honda Motocross bikes, and top end packages for all four Japanese brands.
For more information about Motocross Engine Performance Packages click here >>
Do you sponsor racers?
Yes, we do sponsor racers! Apply online at: http://www.yoshimura-rd.com/content/sponsorship-application.asp
|THINGS TO KNOW WHEN APPLYING:
- If you're under the age of 18 years old, your parent/legal guardian must apply for sponsorship.
- If you're part of a team, include your team name in the "Additional Comments" box that is located towards the end of the form.
- If you're applying for a team, type the word "Team" in the "Racer First Name" field. Then insert your "Team Name" in the"Racer Last Name" field. List all team members in the "Additional Comments" box that is located towards the end of the form.
- We encourage all applicants to provide us with you're social media information.
- When uploading your resume and profile image, please ensure that it is not a large file. The application will not be processed if its too large of a file.
- All fields must be filled, if something doesn't apply to you please enter "N/A" in the field.
QUESTIONS? CALL BIG “E” AT (951) 231-1400